The College has made five commitments regarding the recruitment, training, retention, consultation and disability awareness.
These commitments are:
- To interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider candidates on their abilities
- To discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what both parties can do to make sure disabled employees can develop and use their abilities
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to ensure they stay in employment
- To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- To review these commitments each year and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans.
For more information visit: www.gov.uk/looking-for-work-if-disabled