Starting in September 2020
We are delighted that you have chosen to enrol at Coulsdon Sixth Form College and take your next step with us as you look to progress towards achieving your goals.
We have now completed our enrolments at the College and been able to put in plans to keep students safe following the Government guidance which we received at the weekend.
For new students, ahead of timetabled lessons starting on Wednesday 9 September, you should have received an invitations by email inviting you to attend the College Induction on Friday 4, Monday 5 or Tuesday 6 September
For Upper Sixth students, they will be able to access their timetables week beginning 7 September with lessons starting on Wednesday 7 September
If you have not received this information please contact email@example.com
The induction sessions for new students will include:
- collecting your timetable
- issuing your ID badge
- issuing your log-in and password so that you can access the College’s Virtual Learning Environment (Moodle)
- running through the key information regarding the College
- instructions on accessing the College’s induction video
- outlining the plans and measures in place to keep students and staff safe
The process should take no more than an hour and is a great opportunity for you to familiarise yourself with your journey, the building and meet some of the staff who will be teaching you.
Parents/Guardians are not expected to attend with you.
Please ensure that you leave home in plenty of time so that you arrive at your scheduled time only. Note: there are dedicated buses on the main routes to College.
Please wear a face covering on public transport unless you are exempt. You are also able to wear face coverings in the corridors and communal areas around the College.
When at College, please follow the one way system, follow the instructions given by staff and use the hand washing and hand sanitizers which are in place around the College.
We look forward to welcoming you.
What measures can I expect from September?
Face-to-face teaching at Coulsdon Sixth Form College begins Wednesday 9 September and there are a variety of measures put in place to keep you safe. Students who are worried about returning to College, may be supported with online learning but this is by exception. Arrangements may change, but on current plans, as a minimum you can expect:
- Good infection control
- Hand sanitisers and multi-surface cleaning wipes
- Face coverings in communal areas are encouraged
- Social distancing in communal areas
- Self-isolation or quarantine arrangements: If you are travelling from certain countries you may be required to self-isolate for 14 days on arrival in the UK. Please refer to the UK Government guidance on this requirement.
I and all staff here at the College look forward to welcoming you as a student from Monday 7 September. In the meantime, don’t forget to watch our Induction video before you return to College on Monday 7 September to familiarise yourself with key members of staff and facilities.
For young people who have not yet applied to Coulsdon College, it is not too late to do so. Simply apply for your chosen courses here, or if you have not yet chosen your desired courses, you can check out our fantastic range of courses here.
Students who enrol at Coulsdon Sixth Form College will then receive details of their induction and timetable with teaching starting on Monday 7 September. Currently, it is expected that all or the large majority of your lessons will be held on site although, if necessary, we are able to deliver these lessons remotely.
Transport for London have announced a number of changes and enhancements to the bus network designed to make it easier and safer for students to get to school and college. From 1 September, buses dedicated for school and college travel are being introduced. These services will be clearly signed, and information will be posted at bus stops and online. Government guidance allows for all seats to be occupied on these dedicated school services, doubling their capacity.
Specific to Coulsdon College:
- Routes 60, 64, 466 and 468 are planned to run every other bus dedicated for school travel in the morning
- Routes 50, 119, 407 and 412 are planned to run with one additional bus dedicated for school travel in the morning peak
- Routes 109, 154, 194, 197, 198, and 312 are planned to run every other bus dedicated for school travel in the morning
- Routes 367 and 455 is planned to run with two additional bus dedicated for school travel in the morning peak and one additional bus dedicated for school travel in the afternoon peak; routes 405 and X26 are planned to run with one additional bus dedicated for school travel in the afternoon peak
- Routes 410 and 433 are planned to run every other bus dedicated for school travel in the morning and the afternoon
These planned measures are subject to change – please continue to check tfl.gov.uk/reopeningeducation in the coming weeks for the latest information on services and safer travel guidance.
To help enable social distancing on the transport network, students, parents, carers and staff are encouraged to walk, cycle or scoot to school and college wherever possible. This will help make space for people who must use public transport.
A range of helpful resources to encourage all of us to walk or cycle are below:
- Online Cycle Skills course – aimed at both those cycling for the first time or those wishing to refresh their skills. The course is available at https://cycleskillsonline.tfl.gov.uk/ and modules include cycle safety for young people as well as tips on getting you and your bike prepared for the road
- TfL Go, a new app, which helps Londoners plan their journeys and follow the safer travel guidance. This app also provides walking and cycling routes to consider for all or part of your journey. This is now available to download for Apple devices at www.tfl.gov.uk/go. An Android version of TfL Go will be released in the coming months.
Get in touch
Tel: 01737 551 176
Fax: 01737 551 282
Coulsdon Sixth Form College