Coulsdon Sixth Form College specialises in providing high quality education for 16-19 year old students in a supportive and caring community and is committed to equality of rights and opportunity.
Since March 2013, Reigate Sixth Form College has provided strategic leadership and management to Coulsdon College and is assisting Coulsdon, on its journey to becoming 'Outstanding.'
Fundamental changes have been made across the College and these have now been formally recognised by the College's 'Good' Ofsted Report (published April 2014) and Matthew Hancock MP, Minister for Skills and Enterprise at the Department for Education.
Why Choose Coulsdon College?
Here are 10 good reasons:
- Since March 2013, Coulsdon College has been federated with Reigate College, graded 'Outstanding' by Ofsted. Reigate College will continue to provide strategic leadership and management to Coulsdon College, in order to align it as an 'Outstanding' provider of sixth form education.
- Coulsdon College was graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted in February 2014 (published April 2014) and is on the fast-track to becoming ‘Outstanding’. Please see the full Ofsted report and press release.
- Coulsdon College is a specialist ‘Sixth Form’ College’, with specialist A Level and BTEC subject teachers, which means students benefit from the expert subject knowledge and experience of their teaching staff.
- The College’s results show that it provides an environment in which all students can shine – whether they are academically gifted, or find academic studies more challenging.
- Students have the opportunity to select from a broad range of AS/A Level and BTEC courses, 'mix and match' them and pick any combination of subjects (see A to Z course finder). This means study programmes are tailor-made to fit students’ specific requirements, which in turn improves their chances of success.
- Coulsdon’s facilities are second to none, with an impressive Dance Studio and Theatre and outstanding sports facilities including a full equipped Sports Hall, gym, all Weather pitch, and both netball tennis courts. Come and see for yourself at one of the College's Open Events.
- The College community is an extremely supportive one. Students can expect to be supported throughout their time at College with the mix of support available coming from teachers, tutors, learning support specialists, careers advisors and counsellors.
- Students can pick from a great range of ‘extra-curricular’ clubs and activities to complement their academic studies. These range from skills-based activities like Debating, to the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, College productions, and Competitive Sport (see the College Activities Programme).
- The well-resourced College Careers Department does an excellent job helping students plan their future career paths and supporting them with job and university applications (see Beyond Coulsdon).
- And finally….. the Students’ Union does a brilliant job ensuring students have a great social life while at College. From parties, to charity events and rallies to talent shows, there are certainly plenty of opportunities for students to get together and have some fun! See Students’ Union.