Here you will find a list of all the updates as they happen, for the COVID-19 pandemic.
Face Coverings – Monday 17 May
In line with Step 3 of the Government’s roadmap, face coverings will no longer be required for staff and students in the classroom setting from Monday 17 May. There will be exceptions in specific areas where social distancing cannot be maintained.
Those who wish to wear a face covering in the classroom setting can continue to do so. Please also remember to maintain 2m social distancing, wherever possible. In limited situations where it is not possible to maintain 2m social distancing, a face covering should be worn. In communal areas, such as corridors, stairwells, face coverings are still recommended as this is usually where social distancing can’t easily be maintained.
Please remember to use the Covid-19 test facilities that we have available. Students should book though MyPT or drop by the test centre. We can accommodate drop ins at the test centre where we have availability
Coronavirus 16-18 Tuition Fund
All students aged 16-18 who have not yet achieved at least a grade 4 in their GCSE English and / or Maths qualifications, are being offered 11 hours of specialist tuition using this fund. Classes are no larger than 5 students so that personalised support can be provided. In addition, students who also have identified needs, and those in the vulnerable category, can access further support.
For further information, please email your English or Maths Tutor.
Key Links & Documents
- Student guide to awarding grades Summer 2021
- Providing remote education – information for parents
- Pearsons message to students and parents/guardians 29.6.20
- BTEC learners FAQs 29.6.20
- Principal letter to students following Ofqual statement 3.4.20
- NCFE update for grades summer 2020
- Addendum to Safeguarding and Prevent Policy COVID-19
- Coronavirus guidance statement
- Support and guidance
- COVID-19 Risk Assessment
- COVID-19 Safety Video (Please note, all safety features will be updated according to government guidelines)
- Staff FAQs
- Guidance for visitors
Get in touch
Tel: 01737 551 176
Fax: 01737 551 282
Coulsdon Sixth Form College