Here you will find a list of all the updates as they happen, for the COVID-19 pandemic.
Following the Government’s announcement about the reopening of schools and colleges we are delighted, excited and relieved to be able to welcome you back on to campus for face to face sessions from week beginning Monday 8 March. In order to ensure that we do so in the very safest way we can, please note and follow the arrangements listed below.
- There will be a phased return from Monday 8 March.
- For all students studying level 2 (intermediate) qualifications, including GCSE Maths and English, lessons will recommence on campus from 1.30pm on Monday 8 March.
- For all students studying level 3 lower sixth programmes lessons will recommence on campus from 2.00pm on Tuesday 9 March. All lessons prior to that time will remain online.
- For all students studying level 3 upper sixth programmes, lessons will recommence on campus from 2.00pm on Wednesday 10 March. All lessons prior to that time will remain online.
- Arrangements for teaching on Thursdays will remain online as per September to December. If you are required to come into College for timetabled study on a Thursday you will be given prior notice by your teacher/Head of Year/Head of Faculty.
- Before the start of on campus face-to-face teaching all students are being offered the onsite lateral flow test for COVID -19. The test centre at Coulsdon will be open for students from next week, (Monday 1 March 9.00 – 4.00pm every day as well as week commencing 8 March). You just need to book your test via Moodle/MyPT where you can choose from any of the available slots.
- If you come onsite next week to take your test, the LRC will be available for you to log on and attend your sessions so that you do not miss them.
- Also if you book a test for the day of you phased return, the teachers will be available in the timetabled classrooms/slots to support you when you have finished your test, but before classes start formally after lunch.
- Please note that on return to on site study, face coverings must be worn in all areas of the campus at all times unless you have been given exemption by the College. In this case, your lD will indicate this, so you must display this visibly at all times so that you are not challenged.
Do contact your Head of Faculty if you require any further clarification.
Coronavirus 16-18 Tuition Fund
All students aged 16-18 who have not yet achieved at least a grade 4 in their GCSE English and / or Maths qualifications, are being offered 11 hours of specialist tuition using this fund. Classes are no larger than 5 students so that personalised support can be provided. In addition, students who also have identified needs, and those in the vulnerable category, can access further support.
For further information, please email your English or Maths Tutor.
From the 2 November 2020 (after half term) all staff and students are required to wear a face covering when they are moving around the College in communal and circulation space, with the exception of those who are exempt.
Key Links & Documents
- Pearsons message to students and parents/guardians 29.6.20
- BTEC learners FAQs 29.6.20
- Principal letter to students following Ofqual statement 3.4.20
- NCFE update for grades summer 2020
- Ofqual update for GCSE and A Level grades summer 2020 3.4.20
- Addendum to Safeguarding and Prevent Policy COVID-19
- Ofqual update for summer 2020 exam grades 26.3.20
- Government guidelines for exams Summer 2020
- Student working from home 23.3.20
- Coronavirus guidance statement
- Support and guidance
- COVID-19 Risk Assessment
- COVID-19 Safety Video (Please note, all safety features will be updated according to government guidelines)
- Staff FAQs
- Guidance for visitors
Get in touch
Tel: 01737 551 176
Fax: 01737 551 282
Coulsdon Sixth Form College