Here you will find a list of all the updates as they happen, for the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to Access November GCSE Results
You will be able to access your GCSE Maths & English results for the November 2020 exams on Thursday 14 January from 8am via MyPT. Below is a step-by-step guide to help you access your results.
- ¬ Gto MyPT and use the Academic Year drop down to make sure that 20/21 is selected
- ¬ Go to the Reports menu
- ¬ Select the Student Statement of Results report and click the PDF button to run
- ¬ This will generate a report which will appear at the bottom of the screen
- ¬ Select open
Click here to view the full instructions.
January Exams Cancelled
From Thursday 7 Jan following government guidance and feedback from our students, we have decided to cancel all January exams, with the exception of the HE exams which will continue online. We will work with the exam Awarding Bodies to either offer later opportunities for students to take exams, or to calculate grades using alternative methods.
It is not yet clear how grades will be awarded, but it is imperative that all students fully engage with their learning as teachers will need assignments and evidence of progress to inform grades. We are continuing to work very hard with all students to ensure we minimise the impact of this disruption to their education and online learning is available for all students in accordance with their timetables.
In addition, those students who have a social worker, who are a looked after child, who have an Education, Health and Care Plan, or who do not have suitable access to online learning from home, may come into College to do their work.
If you have any queries please contact your tutor or teacher.
Student return in January
From Monday 4 January, in line with the latest government guidance, Croydon College will be open only for those students who have allocated social workers, are categorised as looked after children, have an Education, Health and Care Plan (‘EHCP’), or do not have access to online learning at home.
Online learning will commence on Tuesday 5 January for all other students following their usual timetable.
Until a full return to College is possible, students who would normally receive free meals at College, or bursary payments, will receive payments paid directly into their bank accounts. Registers will be taken for online, face to face classes, and for onsite independent learning.
For more information, please visit the government website here. Please click here for more information about home learning.
From the 2 November 2020 (after half term) all staff and students are required to wear a face covering when they are moving around the College in communal and circulation space, with the exception of those who are exempt.
Key Links & Documents
- Pearsons message to students and parents/guardians 29.6.20
- BTEC learners FAQs 29.6.20
- Principal letter to students following Ofqual statement 3.4.20
- NCFE update for grades summer 2020
- Ofqual update for GCSE and A Level grades summer 2020 3.4.20
- Addendum to Safeguarding and Prevent Policy COVID-19
- Ofqual update for summer 2020 exam grades 26.3.20
- Government guidelines for exams Summer 2020
- Student working from home 23.3.20
- Coronavirus guidance statement
- Support and guidance
- COVID-19 Risk Assessment
- COVID-19 Safety Video (Please note, all safety features will be updated according to government guidelines)
Get in touch
Tel: 01737 551 176
Fax: 01737 551 282
Coulsdon Sixth Form College