COVID-19 Arrangements for start of Term September 2021
Following updated guidance issued by the Government relating to the Omicron variant, the College continues to take steps to ensure the safety of its students, staff and visitors in relation to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, whilst maintaining learning opportunities.
At College students are recommended to wear face coverings in communal areas and are asked to follow all COVID-19 related signage around the building. Please also consider the option for vaccination.
All students are encouraged to take a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test twice a week.
This is the test you take when you don’t have any symptoms. The easiest way to do this is via the home test kits which you can collect from reception at Croydon or Hub Reception at Coulsdon.
If you are unable to test at home, please email COVID19-Testcentre@croydon.ac.uk.If you have taken a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test and the result was positive you must:
- Self-isolate immediately
- Report all results on the government websiteand if you test positive please also report this as soon as possible to your tutor
- Obtain a PCR test (within 2 days) to confirm your result https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
- Follow the advice you are given when you get the PCR test result
- If you do not obtain a PCR test within 2 days you will need to self-isolate for the 10 full days
If you have taken a COVID-19 PCR test and the result was positive you must:
- Self-isolate immediately for 10 full days following the day you received your result or when symptoms started
- Please report this as soon as possible to your tutor.
Students who are required to self-isolate and are well enough may continue their college studies through working from home. Students may be able to access some live streamed lessons in accordance with their timetable. All students are able to access learning resources remotely through Moodle at any time. Confirmation of the specific arrangements for each student should be made via the student’s tutor.
For more Government information, please click here.
Where you are notified by Test and Trace that you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive with the Omicron variant, you will be required to self-isolate for 10 days. Test and Trace will specifically advise you of this should this occur.
Key Links & Documents
Get in touch
Tel: 01737 551 176
Fax: 01737 551 282
Coulsdon Sixth Form College