Recently, the Croydon College group underwent a Snapshot Review, part of the quality cycle which is carried out annually.
The aim of the Snapshot Review is to evaluate the quality of teaching, learning and assessment and take into account feedback from staff and students in each curriculum area.
This review has shown how we have positively embraced blended learning, made use of interactive technologies to assist with learning and ensure we are communicating well to students. The highlight from the review is that Croydon College cares – take a look at the results below which are broken down by campus.
- Students feel safe at the College and that their teachers care about them and their continued progression
- Students fee; well supported by their teachers and understand the importance of their qualifications for progressing onto the next step
- Engaging lessons throughout provision, making use of blended learning strategies and involving learners accessing materials remotely into ‘live lessons’
- Purposeful and effective SMART targets are regularly set for students on MyPT, with detailed follow up in progress reviews
- Good development of literacy and numeracy skills, as well as development of digital literacy
- Students understand the intent of their curriculum and the reason for topics being studied In business, Community and Access students also understand the reason why specific awarding bodies are used, so that it gives them a competitive edge and the best possible chances for continued progression
- Students are aware of their MEG (minimum expected grades) and what steps they need to take to achieve them
- Engaging activities throughout the College, with learners showing enthusiasm and a want to continue learning
- Constant feedback being given to learners across summative and formative assessments, in progress reviews and via discussions
- Embedded vocational context in assessments and lessons to show students the relevance of their learning to chosen career paths
- Well-developed learning resources throughout provision with Building, Engineering and Professional Studies, having differentiated resources to stretch learners at all levels
- Student Support Services are tailored to meet individual needs with excellent engagement of students in their learning
- In Higher Education (Croydon University Centre) there is a consistent and dynamic use of interactive technologies to maintain learner engagement and stretch their understanding. This is used well to take learning beyond the classroom.
Coulsdon Sixth Form College
- Good use of open questioning seen in Sociology & English literature classes, stretching learners and promoting higher order thinking skills
- Engaging activities to keep learners enthused about their learning and development. Particularly in Creative arts with a range of enrichment activities in place
- Promotion of critical thinking skills and strong development of evaluative skills seen in Biology
- Learner engagement is well maintained
- High quality work produced by learners in English, Mathematics, Sport and Humanities
- Throughout the provision, work is being marked regularly and in a developmental manner with detailed actions for learners to undertake
- Good use of ‘learning mats’ as a resource in Sport, ensuring all learner engagement and challenging them on an individual basis
- In Public services, students participate in a consistent and active dialogue to continue development throughout the lesson
These are just a handful of reason why students should study at the Croydon College group. To make an application, please visit: https://coulsdon.ac.uk/app-form/