Information for Current Parents
Students are more likely to be successful if an effective partnership exists between them, their teachers and their parents or guardians.
This page is intended to help develop this partnership by keeping parents and guardians in touch with what’s happening at Coulsdon Sixth Form College.
All enrolled students have access to the College ‘Moodle’. This is a place where a huge amount of information is stored including information relating to their courses and examinations. If you are interested in taking a look at the information stored on Moodle, please ask your son or daughter to show you around it.
The College’s Student Handbook 2018/2019 contains detailed information about many aspects of College life. A copy of the Handbook is provided at the start of a student’s first year at Coulsdon.
Useful additional information:
- Admissions and Progression Policy
- Anti-bullying and harassment policy – Students
- Confidential Reporting Policy – Whistleblowing
- Complaints and Compliments Procedures
- Data Breach Policy
- Protection Policy
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- Exams and Assessment Policy
- Environmental and Sustainability Policy
- External Assurance on Subcontracting Controls
- Financial Regulations
- Health and Safety Policy
- Internal Verification Policy and Procedure
- Information Technology and Monitoring Policy
- Learning & Quality Framework
- Learning & Quality Policy
- Prevent Policy
- Safeguarding Children, Young People and Adults at Risk
- Single Equality Scheme
- Single Equality Scheme Key Data
- Student Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Procedures
For information about what’s happening around the College, please take a look at the Calendar and other areas on this website.
Coulsdon College Pay
The College’s on-line payment system can be used to top up refectory cards, make payments for College Trips and Visits and make donations to the College Fund. Parents of enrolled students will have been sent a letter giving details of how to access this system at the beginning of their son or daughter’s first term. For more information, please click here. Any queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interim reports for each student are sent home four times a year, usually in October, December, January and March. They are accompanied by letters which will be uploaded to this page.
Communication and Information
During each academic year various letters are emailed home to parents and guardians, so please look out for them. If you have not been receiving this information please let us know at the earliest opportunity by emailing email@example.com
Letters home cover important topics such as:
- Public examinations
- Timetabling arrangements (including timetable changes at the end of the summer term)
- Information about Higher Education and Careers
- Progression to the second year of courses
Please see below copies of key correspondence for the academic year 2017/2018
In addition, the College produces termly On Route newsletters, designed to keep you up-to-date with what’s happening around the campus. These are always a very good read, so please make sure your son or daughter does their job, and gives them to you!
On Route Newsletters:
In addition, the College produces On Route newsletters, designed to keep you up-to-date with what’s happening around the campus. These are usually a very good read, so please make sure your son or daughter does their job and gives them to you! Please see past copies on the News & Media page.
Get in touch
Tel: 01737 551 176
Fax: 01737 551 282
Coulsdon Sixth Form College