Your Application Journey
We have a number of Open Events planned and look forward to being able to welcome you back to the College. Please click here for details on our events and to secure your tickets.
If you are unable to attend, we have also put together course specific information for you to watch and you can also experience the college via our virtual tour. You can also read a full copy of our prospectus here.
We hope that this will all provide you with enough information to make an initial application and as an increasingly popular and over-subscribed Sixth Form College, we strongly recommend that prospective students complete the on-line application as soon as possible in the Autumn Term and certainly by December at the latest so that they can secure their one-to-one interview.
These interviews will provide an opportunity for the applicant and a parent or responsible adult to discuss their choices and ask questions with a member of the College’s academic staff.
For those young people who apply by December, they will receive an invitation to an interview on a first-come, first-served basis between November and January.
To find out more about making the jump from year 11 to College, check out our Making the Move brochure.
Admissions Mission Statement
The Admissions Department plays a vital role in engaging with potential and current Coulsdon Sixth Form College students. We act as the first point of call for the College, liaising and welcoming potential learners. The Admissions purpose is to ensure every student finds the right course to have a fulfilling, successful college experience. Through the college admissions process, we build a student body that matches what our programs have to offer, which identifies students who are likely to be academically successful and become future alumni who will contribute to the community.
What can we help you with?
• Support you through the whole application process from completing a form through to enrolment
• Screen your application to make sure you are being put forward for the most suitable course
• Ensuring the appropriate support is available to you at application review if required
• Invite you to our Welcome Day to find out more about your course and meet other students
• Support you when you get your GSCE results and help guide you through the enrolment process
• Help you look at other course options if you are not successful with your first choice of course
What can you expect from us?
• A welcoming environment which is open every week day (see details below for times)
• Accurate, accessible and up to date information relevant to your needs
• An appropriate and timely referral to another service if required
• Equality of opportunity
• Professional and knowledgeable staff
• A dedicated member of the team as your point of contact throughout the admissions process
• A prompt response to your enquiry
o Visitors to the College will be seen as soon as a staff member is available
o Email enquiries will be responded to within 48 hours
o You will be invited for an interview within 5 working days of receiving your application
o Checking the review outcome emails and sending this out to you within 5 working days
What do we expect from you?
• Treat our staff and other users of the service with respect
How can you tell us what you think?
• The college actively welcomes feedback, both positive and negative
• If you are not happy about the service you receive then you can speak to any member of staff
• To make a formal complaint please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read our Admissions and Progressions Policy here.
Get in touch
Tel: 01737 551 176
Fax: 01737 551 282
Coulsdon Sixth Form College